1.1 This Privacy Notice aims to give you information on how Systopia Consulting Ltd collects and processes your Personal Data.
1.2 It is important that you read this Privacy Notice so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
2.1 Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Systopia Consulting Ltd
Contact: Data Privacy Manager (DPM)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Pixash Business Centre, Pixash Lane, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 1TP.
Telephone number: 01179 868 1611
It is important that the Personal Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Data changes during your relationship with us.
4.1 We collect, use, store and transfer different categories of Personal Data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account, payment card details, and payroll data.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website or intranet.
- Profile Data includes your username and password on our website, our intranet, purchases or orders made by you, your preferences, and feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, intranet, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
4.2 We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Data but is not considered Personal Data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your Personal Data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as Personal Data which will be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
4.3 Special Categories of Personal Data these are details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). We do not normally collect any special categories of data nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences other than for our employees or applicants for employment. However if we do need to processes such data we will ask for your explicit consent to do so.
Where we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services or employee benefits). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
6. 1 Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, and e-mail or otherwise. This includes Personal Data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a promotion or survey;
- give us some feedback;
- provide unsolicited information to us;
- apply for employment with us or when you become an employee.
6.2 Automated interactions. As you interact with our website or intranet, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this Personal Data by using cookies, and other similar technologies.
6.3 Third parties (or publicly available sources). We may receive categories of Personal Data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google; advertising networks and search information providers.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers, aggregators or recruitment agencies.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register.
7.1 We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
7.2 We may also use your Personal Data in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
7.3 Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
|Purpose/Activity||Category of Personal Data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new client or employee.||
||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your service or order including:
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||
|To administer and protect our business and our intranet and website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests
9.1 We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain Personal Data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following Personal Data control mechanisms:
- Promotional material from us. We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
- You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products or services from us and, in each case, you have opted-in to receiving that marketing.
- Third-party marketing. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your Personal Data with any company outside Systopia Consulting Ltd for marketing purposes.
- Opting out. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you.
- Where you opt-out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to Personal Data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty, product/service experience or other transactions.
- Cookies. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
10.1 We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
10.2 If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
10.3 Please note that we may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
11.1 We may have to share your Personal Data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above.
- Internal Third Parties: other companies or departments in the Systopia Consulting Ltd acting as processors or joint controllers and provide IT and system administration services and undertake leadership reporting
- External Third Parties: service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services
- Other Third Parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your Personal Data in the same way as set out in this Privacy Notice.
- Professional advisers: acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting and payroll services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
11.2 We require all third parties to respect the security of your Personal Data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your Personal Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
12.1 Some of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your Personal Data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
12.2 Whenever we transfer your Personal Data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your Personal Data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give Personal Data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to Personal Data shared between the Europe and the US.
13.1 We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
13.2 We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
14.1 We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
14.2 To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
14.3 In some circumstances we may anonymise your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
15.1 Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data to request the following:
- access to your Personal Data.
- correction of your Personal Data.
- erasure of your Personal Data.
- object to processing of your Personal Data.
- restrict of processing your Personal Data.
- transfer of your Personal Data.
- withdraw consent to any consent that you have previously given.
15.2 If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contacts us. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via https://ico.org.uk/ for information, advice or to make a complaint.
15.3 You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Request a callback
We’d love to hear from you! If you have a question, comment or interest in payment solutions, please give us a call or fill in the contact form below.
Got a question or looking for help? One of our experts would be delighted to have a chat.
General Enquiries: (UK) 0800 085 2056
(International) +44 117 986 1611